Tuesday 5 April 2016

PCB disbands selection committee, Waqar resigns as head coach


LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Monday disbanded its national selection committee with immediate effect.
The development comes just hours after the head coach Waqar Younis resigned from his position. The PCB has set up a panel comprising former captains Wasim Akram and Ramiz Raja to find a new coach.
“I have served Pakistan cricket to the best of my ability and urge the people not to forget them,” said Waqar while talking to reporters outside the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
The 44-year-old former captain said he was not making the call under any pressure and added that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is like a home to him and he would not want to say anything against it.
“I was to serve as Pakistan coach for three more months. I request the PCB to invest my salary of those months into the country’s domestic circuit,” he said.
Waqar clarified that his decision to resign is not a reaction to the team’s dismal show at the Asia Cup T20 or an early exit from the recently concluded World T20.
“The controversy surrounding the leak of my report is giving a bad name to the country. My recommendations are being taken out of context in media. I am not resigning because of the team’s losses. The recommendations I had given to the board were not implemented upon and this is the reason,” said Waqar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment